Endocrinology is the study that deals with the hormones secreted by hypothalamus, hypophysis, thyroid gland, parathyroid gland, pancreas, suprarenal glands (adrenal or adrenale glands), ovaries and testes, body systems affected by these hormones, diagnosis and treatment of the diseases caused by these systems.
Dubai Silaiman Hospital Endocrinology and Metabolism Diseases Unit provides services in the diagnosis and treatment of the diseases, with the support received from the Clinical Laboratories.
Diseases whose Diagnosis and Treatment are Performed in our Endocrinology Department:
- Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes,
- Gestational diabetes (Pregnancy diabetics),
- Metabolic syndrome,
- Hypertension (Especially endocrine hypertension),
- Obesity (Adiposity),
- Goiter and other thyroid gland diseases,
- Hypophysis gland diseases (For example, high prolactin hormone level),
- High cholesterol and triglyceride (blood fats) levels,
- Osteoporosis (Bone loss) and metabolic bone diseases,
- Suprarenal glands (Adrenal or adrenale glands) diseases
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome in Women,
- Hirsutism (Excessive hair).